Monday, September 22, 2008

Geocaching

I was looking over Dr. Christie's website wondering what I was going to find to write two paragraphs on when I came across a podcast and I thought...what a great time to watch one since that is what we are about to be doing in class. Her podcast was on geocaching; something I had NEVER heard of! I was very interested!!!
Geocaching is when you use a tracking device to locate "cach" There are satellites in space that send signals to these gps tracking devices and help us find the geocach. People can travel all over the world looking for the cach. Dr. Christie says that teachers can use this in classrooms by giving the students gps devices and letting them find cach's of their own. The teacher would of course hide the cachs to where the student could find them. I really like this idea and I think the students would find it fun. Since resess has been taken away from the students, having them outside doing this activity would be something they would really enjoy. If you would like to learn more about geocaching, you can visit this page HERE.

No comments: